General Overview of Position
The position of Assembly Technician reports to the Area Manager and is responsible to provide high quality merchandise assembly, installation, and service work at customer locations.
- Assemble all products according to manufacturer’s directions and specifications.
- Communicate with Area Manager at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Use time clock as required to record time.
- Check in with appropriate contact at customer location.
- Complete work tasks as indicated by the work list or customer.
- Complete repairs as necessary.
- Order parts using the on line order system.
- Work in a safe and clean manner.
- Be aware of customers in the area and work accordingly.
- Stage assembled product in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Dispose of trash as dictated by the customer.
- Complete required information for invoice purposes.
- Update customer status as required.
- Other duties and/or tasks may be assigned on an as needed basis.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must provide own tools.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to reach and maintain prescribed productivity levels for assembly.
- Reliable transportation.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Required availability including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to provide an acceptable background screen.
- Ability to pass a drug screen.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and periodically climb up and down stairs.
- Ability to work exposed to outside temperatures.
- Frequently bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to assemble small parts and calibrate precise measurements.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and oral.
- Piece work commission/Non-Exempt.
- Career Tech bonus.
- Annual performance appraisals.
___________________________________ ________________ Signature Date