McCormick & Company, Incorporated, is seeking an Electrical Electronic Technician reporting to a Team Manager- II Maintenance. This incumbent will work at the Hunt Valley Plant located in Hunt Valley, MD. Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Team Manager, the Electrical Electronic Technician will respond to electrical trouble calls on production, process equipment and utility breakdown. This will include diagnosing, repairing and testing industrial equipment including power service, motor starters, high/low voltage electrical systems PLC's controls, HMI's Networks (Ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, DH+ etc.) and electrical field devices (photo eyes, proxes, encoders, limit switches etc.)
- • Include diagnosing, repairing and testing industrial equipment including power service, motor starters, high/low voltage electrical systems PLC's controls, HMI's Networks (Ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, DH+ etc.) and electrical field devices (photo eyes, proxes, encoders, limit switches etc.)
- • Utilize standard electrical test equipment to perform equipment test using established procedures and write,
- • Update and clarify test procedures
- • Helps train others to conduct these tests properly
- • Performing preventive maintenance and general maintenance as required on both production equipment and facilities equipment,
- • Completing assigned work orders and documenting all tests; i.e., oscilloscope, DMM, Recorder, Meggar, etc.
- • Troubleshooting and identify root cause as well as to recommend improvements on a continuous basis with cross-functional teams in a High-Performance Organization environment
- • Working with outside contractors on miscellaneous installations when needed.
- • AA degree in Industrial Electronics/Electrical Engineering Technology or completion of an approved apprenticeship in industrial electrical maintenance or 5-7 years directly applicable experience
- • Three to Five years of plant maintenance experience
- • Be able to develop control logic including prints and installation of control wiring and troubleshoot PLC/Solid State control instruments
- • Proficient in the use of applications of test equipment such as multimeters
- • Working knowledge of Windows
- • Working knowledge and field experience with process/programmable controllers and AC/DC drives.
- • Industrial control wiring experience
- • Possess the ability to read and interpret instrument drawings and control schematics
- • Possess knowledge of NEC requirements
- • Must be able to work in cross-functional teams
Electrical Electronic Technician Page 3
- • Ability to lift 70lbs.
- • Ability to work overtime daily and on weekends; flexibility with shift hours
- • Flexibility with shift and workday assignments to support business need requirements (For example, one potential work schedule might be Tuesday – Saturday.)
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.