The Manufacturing Technician - Extracts is under the general supervision of the Team Manager, the incumbent learns the operation of the Vanilla and Kola Systems, which include extraction, concentration, and pasteurization. Will also learn techniques involved in making various flavors and blends. Coordinates orders and inventories for both internal and external customers. Maintains appropriate records both manually and within SAP. Ability to analyze the processes to determine next steps to be taken and to ensure all previous steps are complete. Communicate and document where the processes are n a multi-task, multi-shift operation. Weekends and overtime are as required.
- • Consistently “Meets Standards” for attendance on annual performance review required.
- • "Meets Standards" in overall performance rating in a most recent performance review.
- • Ability to move up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis and on an occasional basis move up to 100 pounds, rolling a drum, with assistance.
- • Ability to perform basic math functions.
- • Results-focused with the ability to self-motivate and work under limited supervision.
- • Demonstrated experience working effectively and accurately in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- • Demonstrated ability to communicate and build relationships in a diverse team-based environment.
- • Demonstrated ability to use logical thinking and independent judgment to solve problems.
- • Demonstrated ability to read, navigate and interpret multiple computerized data collection, data entry, and inventory control systems
- • Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- • Ability to read and interpret instructions.
- • Knowledge of weights and measures and the ability to compare them.
- • One year of production experience required.
- • Must be detailed-oriented and have the ability to handle multi-tasks.
- • Ability and drive to make process improvement/change.
- • High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- • Proven mechanical ability strongly preferred.
- • Fork light experience preferred.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.