The Principal Analyst is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementation, and leading risk adjustment data and analytic projects. This role researches, compiles and analyzes appropriate and relevant data and makes recommendations for operational improvements. Leading initiatives using data to drive informed business decisions.
- Leads in the research, analysis, identification, and evaluation of data showing trends and opportunities of improvements to overall business.
- Ability to use a variety of analytical concepts (e.g., descriptive, predictive, etc.) to breakdown problems and provide insights and solutions.
- Able to handle and stage large datasets needed to perform analysis.
- Present and explain analytical findings to senior leadership and external clients as needed.
- Manages and monitors multiple projects simultaneously to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Identifies and resolves challenges to fulfill key corporate objectives and responds to the demands of change management and initiates actions needed to plan, organize, and control team activities.
- Independently develops and plans reports, papers, and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides high level oversight and leadership.
- Promotes learning and growth environments within team structure.
- Acts as liaison between corporate business areas and participates in group or committee discussions.
- Recommends processes to control supply expenditures and promote efficient use of resources.
- Responsible for balancing workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Minimum experience or requirements: No PDF*
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field. Master's degree preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Five years' experience in related field, typically in two (2) subject areas (e.g. financial analysis, planning, health care economics, health care policy, statistical modeling, business decisions, analysis, or business management).
Medicare Advantage, ACA, and/or Medicaid risk adjustment experience a plus.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Possesses and maintains an extensive comprehensive knowledge of business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal, and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
- Excellent knowledge and use of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of data languages such as SAS or SQL.
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment and communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching experience.
- Must be self-motivated and can work well under pressure.
- Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems.
- Extensive knowledge of sales office operations.
- Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of unit team.
- Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts and other information, responding to questions, and employing active listening techniques.
- Ability to effectively present budgetary and/or cost information and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects, and meet necessary deadlines.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.