The individual in the Supervisor position is responsible for managing resources in assigned area and proactively provide recommendations and information to key stakeholders. The individual in the position thoroughly understands process flows throughout the RDC and makes decisions where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems.
- Coordinate with RDC General Manager, Manager, Assistant Managers, Supervisors and Leads to establish both daily and strategic goals for RDC.
- Departmental Operation – manage resources including personnel and equipment to accomplish “A Day’s Work in a Day,” on a daily basis.
- Labor Management – lead assigned area to ensure safe, efficient and accurate accounting of work.
- Safety – ensure a safe work environment and report all work-related injuries immediately
- Equipment – ensure appropriate equipment is used correctly and properly stored and maintained
- Facility – ensure assigned area is clean and organized
- Reporting – report damaged material, short quantities or discrepancies to management immediately
- Set good examples for others, be a good role model and consider the impact of the customer when making decisions.
- Participate in improvement activities and ensures all details of tasks are accomplished properly.
- Establishes and maintains effective interpersonal working relationships with internal customers, internal/external customers and fellow team members
- All other duties as assigned.
Competencies for Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Innovative Management
- Builds Customer Experience
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, Operations Management or similar field is preferred
- More than three years in a warehouse setting
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience in warehouse operations
The performance of essential job functions for this position require both access to valuable assets and interaction with others under potentially stressful conditions. Therefore, individuals demonstrating a history of illegal substance abuse, theft or violence present a higher risk of loss and may be disqualified.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Able to physically handle material in the warehouse and work with all warehouse equipment
- Must be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis
- Must be able to use proper techniques to lift 50 pounds
Winsupply is an equal opportunity employer, so it encourages all qualified individuals to apply including minorities, veterans, women, and those with disabilities.