- This position will consist of interpreting for healthcare patients with limited English proficiency. As a medical interpreter, you will facilitate doctor-patient communication at hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare-related facilities.
- This is an independent contractor position so there are no set hours. You will accept work depending on your own schedule.
- All interpreting assignments coincide with appointments made by patients at healthcare facilities and, therefore, will vary in duration and the amount of notice given.
- Assignment lengths and the content will vary. Examples of session content include physical therapy and rehabilitation, surgery, diagnostics, examinations, and mental health appointments.
- Travel Requirement: Interpreters are required to have their own form of transportation and travel on-site to the location of each appointment.
- Our clients are located throughout Washington D.C. Metro Area.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Flexible availability
- Ability to remain calm and compassionate when dealing with difficult people and crisis situations
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- S work authorization
- Completed or plan to complete:
1.) 40-hour Medical Interpreter Training Course (must have proof of certificate from a reputable training institution)
2.) Oral Language Proficiency Test in English and Target Language