Bunge is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright to join their Morristown, IN team. This is an outstanding opportunity for an applicant who is looking for a long-term career with a stable and growing company. We are willing to train the right person who has a high mechanical aptitude and some maintenance experience. The is position is responsible for performing routine maintenance repairs, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting in a state-of-the-art soybean processing facility. Excellent benefits package available from Day 1, includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) with a 9% company contribution. Additional bonus opportunities including a profit-sharing program, safety and health and wellness incentives. This position provides great growth opportunities including the chance to train on predictive technologies, and the ability to gain more experience working with pumps, motors, gearboxes, boiler systems, centrifuges, PLCs and more.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow established Safety and GMP procedures.
- Perform maintenance activities individually or as part of a team with co-workers.
- Repairing electrical, mechanical equipment, operating equipment, and tools
- Reading and understanding blueprints and manuals
- Welding and pipefitting as necessary
- Position works indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures depending on the season.
- Works at various heights
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Perform emergency & preventative mechanical & electrical repairs on all equipment (includes cleaning, lubricating, adjusting parts, equipment & machinery)
- Troubleshoot all equipment throughout the facility
- Communicate with the Production Staff and the Maintenance Supervisor or manager regarding status of equipment
- Support the Production lines & address any abnormal condition(s) of the machinery.
- Work with operators to monitor all safety items on the machines and keep them in optimal operating condition.
- Maintain Tool Inventory, verify all tools & equipment are properly accounted for and stored correctly.
- Perform other duties & functions as needed by the department & directed by the facility management.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Associated Experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment: including, pumps, motors, conveyors, air valves, and various power sources.
- Skills include: Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting knowledge of machines and tools including: designs, uses, repair, motor control circuits as well as predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting equipment failure skills are a must.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- 3-5 Years experience in manufacturing environment
- Understanding of basic computer functions
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Confined space
- Lock out tag out
- General rigging practices
- Work in confining environments under / over equipment.
- Lifting less than 50 pounds infrequently.
- Hearing sensitivity to detect differences in sounds.
- Arm / hand steadiness.