As a Staff Accountant on the Finance team, you will support the day-to-day accounting function, prepare account reconciliations and journal entries for month-end close, track all movements in inventory accounts, assist with actual vs. plan variance analysis, and assist with compliance reporting. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and will also work closely with the Staff Accountant. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, solving interesting problems, and yet still maintain a great work/life balance.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare month-end close account reconciliations and journal entries relating but not limited to cash reconciliations, inventory, settlement receivables, asset and liability deposit accounts, revenue, and operating expenses
- Assist with monthly operations actual vs. plan variance analysis and related accrual journal entries
- Monitor and track all movement in inventory accounts including preparing monthly inventory reconciliations, prepare month-end inventory accruals and work closely with Supply Chain and AP to process inventory payments (three-way match)
- Perform ad-hoc reconciliations and analysis related to customer sales, sales tax, expense variance analysis, etc.
- Prepare compliance forms related to property tax, sales tax, business licenses, franchise taxes, etc.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and documentation of new process workflows related to inventory, accounts payable, and internal controls
- Assist with gathering and/or preparing requests from third parties relating to financial statement audits, sales tax audits, etc.
- Additional duties to support the Finance team as needed.
Who You Are
- 1-2+ years of general accounting and/or public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Well organized, detailed oriented, open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter and team player, you work well independently and know how to prioritize tasks, you also work well in a team setting
- Worked in a startup environment, preferred but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, excel specifically
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, preferred but not required
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parking
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Open vacation time
- Stocked kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly team outings
- Free suit and tuxedo rentals
Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book: https://culture.theblacktux.com/
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.