Security Ambassador - Bike Patrol (Memorial City Mall)
We are seeking applicants for our Security Ambassador position to join our Memorial City Mall Security team. This entry level security position is responsible for securing designated areas in and around Memorial City Mall, conducting foot or cart patrols, and providing excellent customer service to our guests. Opportunities for advancement are available for those that qualify.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients and guests
- Perform regular interior and exterior patrols on foot and/or via golf cart. Report security and service/maintenance related issues immediately
- Manage conflicts utilizing de-escalation skills and effective communication with diverse groups of people
- Respond to and document incidents within an Incident Management System.
- Understand, comply and/or implement Post Orders, Emergency, and Incident Action Plans
- Identify and report potential threats, hazardous conditions, and suspicious activity
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
Education and Required Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record. Must pass a “Motor Vehicle Records” check as a condition of employment
- Must submit to a background investigation in accordance with all Federal, State and Local laws. Applicant will be subject to a drug screening as a condition of employment.
- Must possess, or obtain, a Non-Commissioned Security Officer, Level II for the State of Texas as a condition of employment. Training provided by the Memorial City Security department.
- Willing to work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays. May be required to assist security operations during man-made or natural disaster
Skills, Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Successfully complete the Security Program’s new-hire training program within one month of the job offer
- Will be required to pass First-Aid/AED training within the first year of employment (Employer Provided)
- Ability to articulate information clearly and concisely, in both verbal and written form. Communicate well via phone or handheld radio.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Great problem solver and works well independently, with little to no direct Supervision.
- Exercises good judgement and initiative.
- Enjoys working with diverse groups or people and organizations in a dynamic work environment
- Should be familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, and other basic computer software. Should be comfortable typing and completing incident related documents to include photos, witness statements and incident reporting.