Quality Control Lead Job Summary: The Quality Assurance Lead (QA Lead) will champion, support and lead quality improvement initiatives and ensure compliance with national and international standards. This position will be responsible for assisting and working with management to successfully implement quality systems and processes to assure consistent quality in production.
Quality Control Lead Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Set up and maintain quality controls and documentation.
- Train, develop and mentor a strong and efficient quality team.
- Ability to interpret data, including statistical data, to support operations
- Develop in-depth knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment
- Responsible for inventorying and submitting purchase requisitions for lab supplies
- Responsible for training new QA technicians on product analysis
- Calibrate, maintain, and troubleshoot analytical equipment
- Monitor quality and overall effectiveness of processes throughout the facility
- Defining processes and procedures in conjunction with production staff.
- Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, performed, and evaluated.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing audits, investigating customer complaints, and collaborating with other members of management to develop new processes and training methods.
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Prepares quality documentation/reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Identify quality issues and effectively communicate corrective action when necessary to management
- Follow quality GMP’s.
- Other duties as required by management.
Internal: This position requires communication throughout all levels of the organization
External: This position may require communication with customers, auditors, suppliers and regulatory agencies.
Reports to: Quality Control Manager
Supervises: All QA department employees
Qualifications: (These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform.) To perform this job successfully an individual must:
- 4 year advanced degree or equivalent experience
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Working knowledge of gas chromatography
- Experience working with lab equipment and following test methods
- ISO 9001 experience preferred
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Able to work other shifts as needed