Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
Primary job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Report to front line leadership of Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Lead.
- Work as a team member to obtain plant & departmental goals
- Maintain all Plant Equipment and Facilities including the production, quality, scrap, housekeeping and safety results generated on the shift
- Perform PM’s, cleans and lubricates molding machines and equipment
- Modifies, repairs, and rebuilds plant machinery and equipment
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair
- Visually inspects and solves problem machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions
- Measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or improper operation
- Documents repairs and maintenance of manufacturing equipment
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Potential duties may also include: Fabrication and installation of related trades; performing building maintenance; and general facility repairs
- Performs installation of new equipment and or relocation of equipment
- Understanding of the functionality of relays, motor contactors, motor starters, solid state relays, soft starts and variable frequency drives.
- Familiarity with operation and troubleshooting of PLC programming
- Ability to read, interpret, and trouble shoot using schematic diagrams
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Experience in electrical distribution and machine controls ranging from 24 to 480 volts AC/DC
- Perform all activities safely, including the use of LOTO as required by company policy.
- Conduct safety inspections of equipment prior to use.
- Within the confines of the job, ensure the safe operation of all equipment prior to turning it back over to manufacturing.
- Document new/altered equipment safety checks or other change control documentation, as required
- Uphold safety & quality absolutes.
- Work and perform to ISO standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Capable of physical mobility including sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and lifting.
- Capable of reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Capable of lifting up to 35lbs
- Capable of complying with all Safety requirements including the use of PPE: PPE includes but is not limited to Bump Cap or Hard Hat, Safety Eyewear or Prescription Safety Eyewear, Safety Shoes, Hearing Protection and Disposable Mask.
- Capable of maintaining an attendance record within Company guidelines and working required overtime.
- High School Graduate or equivalent with 2+ years manufacturing, technical school &/or Associates degree from an accredited technical institute preferred.
- Must have 2-5 years experience in an industrial manufacturing environment or equivalent
- Must possess strong troubleshooting & mechanical skill sets
- Proficient in Office 360, JDE, etc.
- Negative drug screen results.
- Work in a safe manner