Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
To assess equipment/machinery issues in the Distribution Center, and make necessary repairs.
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on mechanical material handling equipment, including transportation conveyors, sortation systems, and forklifts. Perform emergency mechanical repairs to failed material handling systems
• Troubleshoot electrical control systems inclusive of motors, and their associated controls to the PLC output. Must have the ability to install/setup VFD's, as well as servo motor controls, and troubleshoot peripheral control devices to the PLC input.
• Perform maintenance projects on conveyor systems to include: installation, removal, and process improvement changes.
• Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Identify and locate required repair parts for failed systems
• Maintain accurate record keeping such as: work orders, time sheets, and parts requests.
• Technical / Functional Competence
• Analysis and Judgment
• Planning & Organizing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints or schematics.
• Must have knowledge of electrical motor control, strong electrical/mechanical skills; working with 30 - 480V.
• Experience must include 5 - 8 years of progressive mechanical aptitude in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
• Expertise in welding, soldering, and cutting torch skills is required.
• Cognizant of the expectation to be accountable for all company assets, to include: spare parts, supplies, materials, tools, and general facility equipment.
• Experience utilizing machines/equipment as follows: hand tools, drills, grinders, saws, multimeter, tachometer, welder, solderer, cutting torch, hydraulic gear puller, electric forklifts, pallet jacks, and platform lifts.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Requires overtime work as necessary.
• Must be flexible to work any shift and/or weekends as scheduled.
• Exhibit the ability to work independently and safely, with limited supervision.
• Must be well organized, and able to complete, and perform work orders.
• Will be expected to conduct all assigned tasks scheduled by supervisor.
• Must place the upmost importance on working safely, and maintain a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all times.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.