- Performs out-bound calls enrolling companies into government survey and collecting monthly data.
- Responsible for asking questions in accordance with instructions to obtain various specified information from each company via interviews and other approved means; compile, record and code the confidential data.
- Review data for completeness and accuracy, as well as, perform editing and reasonableness testing in accordance with established Data Collection Center standards.
- Identify and resolve inconsistencies in respondents’ responses by means of appropriate questioning or explanation.
- Identify and report problems in obtaining valid data.
- Interprets numerical data, reviews error messages and corrects or redirects data where applicable.
- Answers incoming calls and emails from respondents by providing prompt and courteous service.
- Performs non-response prompting and ready to report calls.
- Performs edit reconciliation of self-reported data.
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience.
- Consistent work history and excellent attendance.
- Two years of experience using Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated experience using the World Wide Web for research.
- Displays excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Pleasant telephone voice and demeanor.
- Excellent persuasive/negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in Spanish, is a plus.
- Possess basic math skills required to analyze/edit monthly data in accordance with established standards.
- Ability to work in fast paced/performance-oriented environment.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting with a fast paced and performance oriented environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly and independently required to: use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stand; talk; twist; bend; ascend and descend stairs; remain stationery for extended periods of time; see and read computer screens; communicate via computer and telephone; and, travel to various locations throughout the office as well as other office sites.
ORI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled