The Claims department at IAT Insurance Group has an opening for multiple Property Claims Trainees located in our Raleigh, North Carolina office starting in June of 2023. Please note, IAT works on a hybrid schedule, working from the office Monday through Wednesday with the option of working remotely Thursday and Friday.
This position is a great entry-level career opportunity and/or a great position for someone with several years of insurance or customer service experience who is interested in a career in the insurance industry.
As a Claims Trainee, you’ll make an impact by:
- Handle claims relative to Homeowners Property.
- Investigating each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing, and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifying/ investigating/resolving potential fraud/misrepresentation issues.
- Working hand-in-hand with insureds, claimants and/or their attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Following standard practices and procedures to determine legal liability and achieve final resolution of a claim.
- Verifying/analyzing applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishing 24-hour contact and maintaining appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Identifying and addressing subrogation/contribution opportunities.
- Setting accurate timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with claims guidelines.
- Evaluating, negotiating, and authorizing settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selecting, directing, and managing vendors.
- Drafting correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Applying for and maintaining resident/nonresident adjuster licenses.
- Performing other duties as necessary.
We’re ready to onboard a candidate with:
- A four-year college degree, Juris Doctorate, or equivalent applicable experience (we will consider May 2023 graduates).
- Equivalent is defined as an Associate degree with 2 years of insurance or relevant customer service experience or 4 years of applicable insurance or relevant customer service experience.
- The desire and ability to travel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrated leadership, professionalism, organization and time management.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by employer, now or in the future.
*Current IAT employees must have been in their role for at least six months and must have received, at a minimum, a “Meets Expectations” during their performance review to be eligible for the program.