Just as we are on the cutting-edge of men's fashion, we also strive to stay on the cutting-edge of technology and are looking to hire a Mid-level Full Stack Engineer. As a Full-Stack Engineer at The Black Tux, you’ll be working on code from the deepest levels of our stack to the very top. You’ll be working on creating dynamic pixel-perfect web UIs, while simultaneously solving complex business problems.
Your work will have a massive impact on our business operations team, which oversees our internal tools & warehousing, including procurement where we believe there’s huge value in leveraging technology & data science to match demand with the supply-side product planning.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain web applications supporting the business operations team using modern web technologies
- Develop scalable backend services in key focus areas such as order management, internal tooling and fulfillment
- Work with React + Redux single page applications
- Deliver defect limited code through ubiquitous test automation
- Work closely with product managers and other team members to understand, articulate, and break down customer needs into technical requirements
- Focus on customers and deliver features that excite them
- Lead and mentor engineers on the team to quality work
- Contribute to the development of the team, our standards, and best practices
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of professional software development BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field not required, but a plus
- Proficiency in one or more object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Java, C++)
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles along with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux or Apollo)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Experience with delivering API frameworks as services built on standards such as REST, GraphQL and CRUD
- Excellent data modeling and data design
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and collaborate, organize, and plan delivery of projects in collaboration with QA teams and stakeholders
- Strong software architecture and design skills
- Conversant in algorithms, software patterns, and their best usage
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or AWS a plus
Perks and Benefits of Working at The Black Tux
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Our full-time employees receive stock options and have a stake in the company
- We provide our full-time employees with Evergreen stock option grants every 2.5 years
- Our Health, dental and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- TBT Women’s Group
- TBT Diversity and Inclusion Group
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book: https://culture.theblacktux.com/.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.