Indorama Ventures Sustainable Recycling in Dallas, TX is currently hiring Electro-Mechanical Technicians for day and night shifts. We are a competitive employer with great pay and great benefits. If you are a dedicated team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment, this may be the job for you. Must be able to pass post offer physical, drug screen and background check.
Hiring for day and night working 12 hour shift on 2-2-3 schedule. 12-hour night shift positions will receive a $1.00 per hour shift differential.
Electro-Mechanical Technician Primary Accountabilities:
• Perform preventive maintenance on more advanced/sophisticated production equipment.
• Perform repairs on more advanced production equipment as needed.
• Perform breakdown analysis.
• Upgrade production line with new/upgraded equipment/technology.
• Perform electronic tests and inspections, cleaning contacts or circuit bands, ensuring that systems are grounded and installing outlets, lighting fixtures and switches.
• Bending conduit and replacing old wiring.
• Troubleshooting and fixing problems when systems break down.
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, electrical schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools, examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plump bobs, and straightedges.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Prepares electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Enforce GMP, Safety and audit standards.
• Work independently or in a team as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Electro-Mechanical Technician Helpful Experience:
• Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
• Experience with conveyers and airveyors (air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
• Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
• Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts).
• Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
• Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
• Experience with preventative maintenance (computerized preventative charts/data).
• Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, understanding specs).
• Experience working in team-based environments (working together with others).
Electro-Mechanical Technician Basic Skills/Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must submit to a drug screen
• Pass background check
• Willing and able to work any shift, including nights, overtime, weekends and holidays
• 5+ years of work experience in industrial, manufacturing, warehousing or related industry
• Requires walking/standing approximately 95% of time; lifting up to 35lbs.; involves repetitive stooping, forward bending and crouching approximately 45% of time
• Good organizational skills required. Must be detailed oriented and capable of handling multiple tasks
• Must have positive attitude and take direction from either Production Shift Supervisor or Maintenance Manager
• Understanding of PLC and HMI systems
• Must understand National Electrical Code
• Pass technical and mechanical assessment addressing job-critical maintenance knowledge areas.
• Experience with electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays, installations, frequency drive, troubleshooting)
• Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs)
• Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
• Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
• Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
• Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
Electro-Mechanical Technician Requirements:
• Continuous work near noise, heat and chemicals
• Must have own tools
• Frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending, and kneeling.
• Be able to work 12-hour shifts, overtime, and weekends/holidays as scheduled.